Walk like a producer, talk like a producer, right?
When you’re just starting out or even when you’ve got some experience producing commercially, you’ll hear terms like “wrap” or “AWC” or “GWBOR” or “1 for 1.” But what do they mean? Through this full session, we will help define key theatrical terms that are bound to cross your desk. Focusing on main terms that regularly crop up in the course of producing and running a show, this session will give you a chance to ask about the words or phrases that have been particular puzzlements to you.
Taught by professionals from every walk of theatrical life, this is a chance to blow away the fog of uncertainty and make sure you know what you’re talking about. Our course will feature seasoned theater-makers and professionals, covering all the bases of important terminology. Speakers and sessions will include:
- Legal Terminology with Jason Aylesworth (Sendroff & Baruch, LLP)
- Production Terms One with Tom Viertel (Commercial Theater Institute)
- Production Terms Two with Daniel Kuney (KMG Theatrical General Management)
- Advertising Vocabulary with Amanda Pekoe (The Pekoe Group)
- Touring Terminology with Rob Cheatham (Broadway Across America)
- Tech Terms with Neil Mazzella (Hudson Scenic Studio)
If you intend to enroll at the student ($55) or educator ($80) rates, please email Commercial.Theater.Institute.Info@gmail.com from a school (.edu) account.
We now accept American Express in addition to Visa and MasterCard.
For more information on our cancellation and student & educator rate policies, please click here.