No show succeeds without creating an exciting marketing campaign across a broad range of media. This course will explore all the elements of an integrated marketing plan – digital advertising, niche marketing, social media as well as traditional advertising, marketing and press. Through individual talks and panels, industry professionals will focus on building a compelling connection to the audience and maximizing the success of your show. This two-day course provides a state-of-the-art understanding of how to sell a Broadway show. One-day and two-day pricing is available.
Here’s a schedule of the topics and speakers who will be included each day:
Thursday, November 14th:
- Keynote session with Damian Bazadona (Situation Interactive)
- Connecting the Dots with Sandy Block (Roundabout Theatre Company)
- Top Digital Marketing Trends for 2020
- Robert Diamond (BroadwayWorld), Jenny Dorso (The Pekoe Group), Scott Lupi (DR Advertising), and moderated by Deeksha Gaur (Show-Score)
- The Media Mix in a Targeting World
- Elizabeth Findlay (AKA), Ryan Greer (AKA), and Laurel Schneider (AKA)
- Group Sales with Pat Daily (Broadway GPS)
- Social Media Strategy
- Adrian Karnani and Dylan MacDowell (Feinstein’s/54 Below)
- Marketing to Broadway’s Younger Fans
- Brian Dratch (SpotCo), Sam Maher (YesBroadway), Amanda Pekoe (The Pekoe Group), Courtney King (TodayTix) and moderated by Nella Vera (BFV Management)
Friday, November 15th:
- Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Jessica Ferreira (The Pekoe Group), Kristen Rathbun (SpotCo), Diana Salameh (Serino Coyne), and moderated by Victoria Cairl (Jagged Little Pill)
- Persuasive Pitches panel: Working with the Press to Create Relevant Stories
- Peter Marks (Washington Post), Casey Mink (Backstage), Jose Solis (freelance journalist), Cody Williams (NY1), and moderated by Candi Adams (Candi Adams PR)
- Innovate Your Content
- Roberto Araujo (Playbill), Micayla Brewster (Marathon Digital), Alan Seales (Google), Jennifer Taylor (A+E Networks), and moderated by Amy Sapp (NBCUniversal)
- Creative Development
- Christy Borg and Kim Hewski (Serino Coyne)
- New Broadway, New Audiences
- Javier Gomez (High Pitch Public Relations), Maya Shah (Signature Theatre Company), Melissa Skinner (Walker International Communications), and moderated by Nella Vera (BFV Management)
- Final Q&A with Tom Viertel (Scorpio Entertainment) and Nella Vera (BFV Management)
If you intend to enroll at the student ($110 both days; $55 Thursday only; $55 Friday only) or educator ($155 both days; $85 one day) rates, please email Commercial.Theater.Institute.Info@gmail.com from a school (.edu) account.
We now accept American Express in addition to Visa and MasterCard.
For more information on our cancellation and student & educator rate policies, please click here.