**Online registration for this event is now closed. We still have room so if you would like to attend, please register at the door.**
No show succeeds without creating an exciting marketing campaign across a broad range of media. This course will explore all the elements of an integrated marketing plan — traditional advertising, marketing and press, digital advertising, and social media. Through individual talks and panels, industry pros will focus on how to build a compelling connection to the audience and maximize the success of your show.
This two-day course provides a state-of-the-art understanding of how to sell a Broadway show. One-day and two-day pricing is available.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
Thursday, November 29th
- Key Note – Jim Glaub (Super Awesome Friends)
- Connecting the Dots: A Marketing Case Study – Sandy Block (Roundabout Theatre Company)
- Digital Strategies: Speakers from Broadway’s top agencies discuss their most successful initiatives across various digital platforms
- Maya Shah (Moderator, Signature Theatre Company), Hailey Barton (Serino Coyne), Stephanie Cichy (ARTHOUSE), Jenny Dorso (The Pekoe Group), Mara Winkler (Situation Interactive)
- Dynamic Ticketing
- Benjamin Simpson(Fourth Wall Productions), Nathan Vernon (Fourth Wall Productions)
- Fan Driven Marketing: Harnessing fan excitement to drive ticket sales
- Deeksha Gaur (Moderator, Show-Score), Melissa Anelli (BroadwayCon), Micayla Brewster (Marathon Digital), Jennifer Ashley Tepper (Be More Chill), Steve Tate (Tate Theatrics)
- Innovate Press Strategies: A Conversation with two of the industry’s top publicists about their most innovative and creative campaigns
- Caitlin Huston (Moderator, Broadway News), Leslie Papa (Vivacity Media Group), Matt Ross (Matt Ross Publication Relations)
- Expanding Your Audience: Reaching atypical theater-goers to make theater accessible to all
- Nella Vera (Moderator, BFV Management), Jared Fine (The Public Theater), Amanda Pekoe (The Pekoe Group), Donna Walker-Kuhne (Walker International Communications Group), Cesar Hawas (Sleep No More)
Friday, November 30th
- Social Media: Reaching fans and ticket buyer on social media platforms
- Nella Vera (BFV Management)
- Creative Content Marketing: How to create compelling social content to engage audiences with your brand
- Amy Sapp (Moderator, Feinstein’s/54 Below), Mark Cajigao (Roundabout Theatre Company), Felicia Fitzpatrick (Playbill), Robert Diamond (Broadway World)
- Creative Producing: Three of the industry’s most innovative producers discuss their shows’ marketing campaigns
- Tom Viertel (Moderator, Commercial Theater Institute), Dori Berinstein (Dramatic Forces), Richie Jackson (Jackson Group Entertainment), Orin Wolf (NETworks)
- Partnership Marketing: Leveraging partners to extend your show’s brand and find new audiences
- Erik Piepenburg (Moderator, Serino Coyne), Elyce Henkin (AKA), Adam Jay (Allied Global Marketing), Diana Salameh (Serino Coyne)
- Advertising, Creative Strategy, and Design: A team from one of Broadway’s most renowned agencies discusses how artwork creation and brand identity are developed for a Broadway Show
- Liz Furze (AKA), Bashan Aquart (AKA), Jacob Matsumiya (AKA)
The educator rate is available only for people who are currently teaching at an accredited college or university.
If you intend to enroll at the student ($105 both days; $55 Thursday only; $50 Friday only) rate, please email Commercial.Theater.Institute.Info@gmail.com from a school (.edu) account.
We now accept American Express in addition to Visa and MasterCard.
For more information on our cancellation and student & educator rate policies, please click here.