Fourteen-Week Program: Advanced Topics for Commercial Producers and Managers
This intensive program presents a comprehensive look at the many aspects of commercial theater producing. Throughout this course – which meets over fourteen Monday evenings from February 4th through May 13th – you’ll meet some of the most successful producers on Broadway as well as theater owners, Tony Award-winning creatives, executives from Broadway’s top advertising and marketing agencies, and members of the theatrical legal community. This discussion-based and interactive course will introduce you to cutting-edge developments in commercial theater, provide you with a well-rounded understanding of the ins-and-outs of producing, and offers indispensable networking opportunities.
Topics will include:
- Getting Your Theater is a discussion of theater agreements and getting the all-important venue for your production.
- Creative Paths and Building Teams dives into the process of moving a production forward and choosing personnel, including creative and marketing teams, to get to Broadway. It also explores different developmental paths and what might work for your show and why
- An important topic for any producer is Dynamic Ticketing, the art of ticket inventory management to maximize grosses.
- There will be several sessions about How to Raise Money from investors and what you need to do to keep good relationships so you can return to them time after time.
- A general manager will explain Budgets, what the different parts are and how to make the most of the money you raise.
- Several sessions will deal with The Legal Aspects of Producing, focusing particularly on front money agreements, offering papers, and the author’s agreement.
Applications for this course are now closed. Please email the CTI Gmail account (email@example.com) for more information.